Saturday, October 10, 2009

First Family Camping Trip

Chris and I LOVE camping and we did it a lot before we had the little one. I'll admit that I was kinda afraid to take her camping last year (probably because it's my first one--I'm sure the second time around I won't be so anal). And so this summer we wanted to try it out and see how she did! Overall it was a great experience and we learned a lot...lol Bailey did awesome on the hikes and playing at the lake and she overall loves being outside. It was the night that we had a harder time with. We went up to Lake Tahoe (it's only about 2 hours away)and camped right by the beachfront--we found a sweet walk-in campsite that was hidden. Bailey had no trouble with wanting to touch the fire pit which kinda surprised me:) She was pretty scared of it actually. But anyways, during the night she slept with us in the sleeping bags that we zip up together and she woke up super early each morning (she never sleeps well with us and does better sleeping by herself!) because she was excited to see us in bed with her! So between sleepless nights and taking naps on the go (hiking, traveling, etc) she was exhausted by the end of the 3 days! It was a fun family experience though and I'm glad we got to go once before it got cold. Next summer promises many more camping trips with her:) Here are some pics:


On the way home we stopped at Apple Hill and spent the day at pumpkin patches,eating apple donuts and cider, riding horses and trains, and enjoying all the orchards! (We did this last fall as well)

Bailey loves riding the ponies

Petting Zoo
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgHkLSNlxvmnebJwQ1-IpQ5jD4PBCwBZB_wjLNYrQ10RU4ru-8IyubsAAXvpADaR0vo-if6-v-BlAaAVHRcpskobfuLFL7G2NuaI30MIeAv5wuNyZQz-0UlDsLzKftcPnt6KSnf_2FdSDPq/s1600-h/DSCN0469.JPG">

Big pumpkin!

Face Painting--on her arm!

Showing Daddy the apple on her arm

Waiting for the train:)



Daddy was her "stroller" for the afternoon...and most of the trip

3 comments:

tHe WiLsOn fAmiLy said...

How fun! What cute pictures. I am excited for next summer when we can try another family camp-out. Our first one didn't go so well! I love you Dev! Give that sweet little girl a kiss from me, And tell Chris hi:) Hope to see you soon!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my gosh Dev, we are so going camping wherever you guys did. Those pictures are beautiful and I CANNOT believe Chris and Bailey went swimming in that freakin cold water, amazing! I didn't know Apple hill had a train, how fun! Gosh I wish we had enough time to see all 135 stops on apple hill. Love those pictures!!!

Jess said...

so cute! Awesome train too! Which stop at Apple Hill was that? We really want to head up that way soon when there's snow and show Lukas!! p.s. You rock in Primary!! YAY