Friday, August 7, 2009

Another "Catch Up" Post

As mentioned before, things have been busy--but they're finally winding down a bit and it's time for a breather! School has ended for me for the summer and so I have a little break before starting up again at the end of August. Chris is studying his bummy off for qualifying exams this September and working hard in the lab. Bailey is still as active as ever--and LOVES the new place. (or more like the location) Our back porch literally opens up to the park and community center and so there are always kids running about playing and Bailey loves to play with them! She gets so exhausted now from all her play that she has been going down by 8:30pm every night (since it's summer) and waking up around 8am! It has been awesome! LOL Poor thing is teething--but it's about time since she only has 5 teeth still! We've been expecting more for some time now;)
It has been sad with lots of families moving out of the ward and I feel like I'm losing some good friends...but with another school year starting there will be lots more families moving in too. I love the ward--the members are so awesome and I've made so many good friends:) I love my callings as a RS teacher and the choir accompanist. And of course I can't wait for BAiley to go to nursery next month--can you believe she is almost 18months next month? CRAZY! She is growing up so fast and I'm at that stage where people look at me like, "she's so cute--when are you having the next one?" LOL Maybe soon, maybe not...whenever I feel that "desire" I guess (which I haven't felt at all yet--she keeps me so busy!), and I'm almost done with my BA in music and so it would be nice to have that out of thew way first:) So we'll see....anyways, here are a bunch of pictures of the past month...Carissa and Josh's wedding, the new apartment, summer adventures, etc etc--enjoy!

While in Medford for the wedding, Chris and I got to celebrate our anniversary (4 years!) We left Bailey overnight with Nana, papa and the boys and set off to Ashland for a night of romance;) We went to a really nice restaurant on the creek in Ashland and got Filet Mignon (my favorite!) and then went to see Henry VIII at the Shakespeare Festival. The outdoor Elizabethan theatre was amazing--i had been once before in high school, but can appreciate it much more now! This was our first overnighter away from Bailey and it went great!




the wedding was beautiful! Mom got Bailey and I dresses for the wedding with her "colors". I wish I had gotten more pics--we have none of the reception, but we'll be sure to post those later when mom gets the professional ones back. We are so happy for Josh and Carissa! (put mouse on the pictures for a caption:)



While in Medford, we also got to go to a barnyard and pet all the animals! Bailey was a little scared at first because the animals are used to being fed and so they attack right away! But she warmed up and LOVED the pony ride. This was her second time riding a pony and she doesn't really smile or laugh, but "thinks" and contemplates what she's doing. She has always been this way--you can't tell but she is having a great time and even pet the pony:) she was very sad when it was over and she had to get off!


Sorry--there were so many pictures that I thought it would take up less time and space to post slideshows! Coming attractions--pictures of the new apartment and more reception/wedding pics:)

4 comments:

Steph said...

You cut your hair! It's adorable! And I can't get over how funny it is that your sister married Chris's brother... I bet it was like your own reception revisited!!

Hogg Family said...

Love the new 'do Dev! So cute! Nate and I loved the pics of your siblings coming out of the temple, we were like "woa, looks like chris and dev walking outta there!" haha Also, just can't even believe how big Bailers is getting!

Gerber Family said...

Looks like you guys have been having some fun!! I can't believe Carissa is married...and to Josh! How crazy and awesome!
P.S. I love your hair! So cute!

Jo Lynn said...

Congrats to your sister and new brother in law!!! Way cute pictures and I love the bright orange, so summer. I'm so excited you two go to go on your first overnight and what a fun play! I love Bailey on her pony ride, so cute. She's getting so big and yeah for nursery..now we just need to work on keeping them in there. LOL Devrey just because I'm moving doesn't mean we won't be way close still...seriously 15 minutes from my door (current address) to my new address. YOu better come visit girl!