That was only the beginning...I took Bailey to play group this past Thursday (these pictures are not actual pictures we took) and she loves the big twisty slides
but likes me to go down with her the first time or two until she will go on her own. So naturally I put her on my lap and off we went! Well halfway down her leg gets caught up under me and by the time we got to the bottom her leg was all twisted funny underneath me and she was screaming. After she screamed for 20 minutes and she wouldn't walk on it I drove her to the doc. They did x-rays and luckily it wasn't broken but she had a bad sprain and so she didn't walk on it for 2 days or so and Iv had to just carry her everywhere. I felt so bad!
And to make the week even worse...she was finally feeling better by Saturday. Her infection was long gone, she was walking on her leg, and a few of her teeth had finally cut through. Chris was at priesthood session of conference and so I took Bailey to the grocery store with me to get a few things. She loves to pretend she's driving and so while I loaded the groceries in the car, I sat her in the driver's seat put my purse in the passenger seat and proceeded to load up the car. Afterwards, she was having so much fun that I was going to just run the cart across the aisle. So I shut the driver door (so she wouldn't try to climb out and go into the road) and jogged over to put the cart away. I literally returned 10 seconds later and there was Bailey holding my keys she had dug out of my purse, still in the driver's seat with the doors all locked!!!! I was FREAKING out, but I tired to remain calm as I tried to coax her through the closed window to push the unlock button on the keys. I also tried to get her to manually pull up on the lock or even to push the lock button on the door! But to no avail! And by this point people are starting to speculate (well come on--who wouldn't!) as I keep trying to remain calm and continue to coax Bailey into unlocking the door.
About ten minutes later Bailey starts getting a little scared that I'm not getting in the car and after she tried opening the handle and realized that it wasn't opening the door she starts calling "mama!" "mama! open!" Then I loose it and start bawling and a lady come over and calls 9-1-1 and a few minutes later the fire dept drives into the shopping center with their sirens blaring (did they have to turn on the sirens? come on!) and people are REALLY staring at me now and probably thinking "what a terrible mom to let her toddler lock herself in the car!" Well they break into the car and give Bailey a teddy bear and sticker and she's all happy and I'm covering my face and clambering into the car wearing a sign that says "WORLD'S WORST MOM"the end.




8 comments:
Oh Dev, I'm sorry you had such a rough 2 weeks! Trust me though, you are most certainly not a bad mom!--Not even close! I leave Zak in the car like that by himself all the time and have gone down the slide with him and had him get slightly caught...you just had some bad luck. Not your fault though! Anyway, I'm glad things are looking up! Call me sometime!
"I am so sorry" just doesn't do it justice... We are working on 4 molars at the moment and I thought we had it rough. I hate to admit though, I couldn't help but laugh a little at the firetruck blaring through the parking lot, haha! I think it happens to everybody at some point or another!
oh. my. gosh. That made me laugh so hard when I pictured the sirens blaring. Oh, I am SOOO sorry that happened! I'm sure it's not funny yet, but just think: what an awesome story to tell later!! Oh, man. you are definitely a great mom, and you can't help kids picking up weird infections or getting all twistedy up on the slide... oh, the keys in the car.. that is just priceless. I hope you'll call if you want some sanity time! Love you!
Oh no! I'm so sorry you've had such a rough go of it lately! That totally stinks! And you are totally not the worst mom in the world! You have a healthy, happy, normal baby who knows you love her and is being brought up in a home with the truthfullness of the gospel! I hope things go better in the coming weeks!!
Devrey, I'm laughing really hard right now, but yet feeling so terrible for you as a Mom!!! I can't believe someone called 911 and the firemen came blaring their engines, you poor girl! You are by far the greatest Mom ever and all these things could have happened to any of us and honestly probably will happen sooner or later. I love you Dev and you always have the funniest stories and I can picture Bailey saying her sweet "mama, mama"!
Cant' wait to see you!
Wow! Oh my goodness! I can not believe that! How sad! I'm so sorry Dev! You are NOT the worlds worst mom! You are a WONDERFUL mommy! I LOVE YOU and I miss you SO MUCH!
Devery!!! I'm so sorry! What a crazy bunch of events! You're not the world's worst mom! It happens to all of us all of the time! :) Hang in there...there has to be something amazing around the corner!!!
Hey Devrey, You are soooo funny. This story is so funny, Gary and I are just cracking up. Give Bailey a big hug for us. You give yourself a big pat on the back for all you survived. You are such a sweetheart. I have had weeks similar to these, but we don't remember any sirens blaring into the neighborhood. That makes you very special cutie. You have just initiated yourself into true motherhood. HaHa. Love you, Aunt Raye
Post a Comment