I just love this little girl--she is my best friend and we have so much fun shopping, hanging out, playing and talking together. She is so sweet tempered (a bit fiery at times...) but having a toddler is so much fun. They can talk and have conversations, you can laugh and giggle about things together, shop, eat and nap together:) Of course there are days I just want to "get through" :) but I wouldn't even trade those days. She is such a joy and is really growing up and developing a little personality--like a little person! I just know that I'll look back later and think "where has the time gone" and wish it coulda lasted just a little longer. I always have to remind myself to live and love each moment. It's ok if she spills her juice on the floor for the third time...she looks up and says, "uh oh, sorry mama!" and it melts your heart and you can't even get annoyed. I love this little girl and I hope we can always be close--I do dread the teenage years if she's anything like I was... :)
Bailey loves riding her tricycle. The student housing IS old and tiny, but a major plus of living here is the community aspect. As you can see in the picture, our back porch opens up right to the park and there is a huge grassy lawn to play on, lots of pavement for riding bikes, and big big trees with lots of shade in the summer. We're right on campus too and so we can ride our bike anywhere--it's all about location!
She was trying to ride her bike in her princess dress and heels. She's really gotten into princess stuff lately and we found the dressups at a garage sale. Princesses isn't my first choice...but then again neither were the Wiggles and at least that stage is over:) She has a BFF that lives in the next building over and they are in our ward. These two girls are the best of friends--I'll blog about them next time because they are so cute and we have so many pictures of them playing together :)
Bailey loves puzzles. We have a few big floor ones and we get others at the Toy Library downtown. This alphabet one is her favorite since she's learning letters. We just learned the letters in her name a couple months ago and she loves to run around spelling her name to people to a little song we made up (instead of B-I-N-G-O we sing B-A-I-L-E-Y). Whenever we ride our bike around or go anywhere she tries to find letters and then shouts them out--it's really cute and I can't help feeling proud! :)
Bailey can't say her "S" very clearly and so she says, "I want to wear my ninny jeans tah-day!" lol So we wear our skinny jeans a lot and she feels pretty cool about it. My friend Bonnie taught me how to make skinny jeans out of my older boot leg ones that were ripping on the bottom and I think they turned out pretty cute! (Sewing is not my forte:)
My friend Ixchelle babysits Bailey sometimes in exchange for piano lessons for her kids. This was a picture of Bailey and their amazing dog, Charlie (who deserves a medal of honor for putting up with toddlers and kids so well!)

A bunch of gals in the ward ran in the 5K Race for the Cure in Sacramento a month ago. It was super fun--I want to start a 5 and 10k group because Sacramento has races every month and it's fun to run with other girls (even if we all seperate while running, we can be there at the end to cheer each other on!...and get ice cream afterwards:) lol




4 comments:
Way to go Dev!! You'll never regret staying active! Keep it up!
Mom
Bailey is the cutest baby in the whole world!!!!! We love the pictures! Hope is so glad that she likes princess stuff. Now they can play that together! Can't wait to see you all!
Mom, Hope, Dad
Dev, Bailey is so cute! I want to meet her so bad! I wish we could see you guys this weekend:( We will have to make a trip to Davis to see you guys soon. Maybe next summer after the baby is born. I love you!
What a great post, you are such an awesome mommy Dev!!! Bailey is just a doll and is so mellow and is learning so many things! I love all the pictures, looks like a great month!!!!! Wish I could have gone on the 5k with you girls, so fun! Love the tapered jeans Dev and way a go with the sewing machine, you might have to give me some lessons. LOL
Post a Comment