Well, the camera is officially broken--which is a huge bummer when you have a child and want to capture all the special moments...especially since they grow up so fast! But it's getting repaired, but who knows how long or if we may just have to get a new one. Another bummer is that we were going to go to Medford to see Brittany's (chris' sister) brand new baby--but after going over finances for this month...well it's not going to happen so maybe next month. We'll just spend a nice quiet and fun easter here in Davis and see the baby in May. We've had some unexpected expenses this month so our budget is pretty much already used up and it's only the first week of the month. LOL But the good news is we got new phones! Our contract expired this month so we renewed it and got new phones, but we had to pay a lot up front and are now waiting for the rebates...and who knows how long that takes. But we got a really good deal on them so that made me happy. And now Bailey can officially have my old pink razor that she always played with (and I'm super shocked it never broke). So all in all this past week was good and I really enjoyed the parts of General Conference I got to hear (it's pretty much impossible to hear it all with a baby...but thank goodness for the ensign.) There are times I love being a mom and times I absolutely HATE it. Today was one of those days thatI totally hated it. Bailey had her 12 month check up today and she had to have 4 shots PLUS a TB shot in the arm. It was NOT fun and poor Bailey was already scarred from the doctor last week when she had to get her ear checked from a previous ear infection. The doctor and a nurse had to hold her down so they could get a good look and she SCREAMED and was so scared. So when we went in today, she had remembered and immediately started crying and clinging to my shoulder when I tried to put her on the examination table. It was so awful. I had to hold her down and loko into those hysterical, crying eyes, and hold down her writhing little body that tensed up during every shot. It was torture--AND there was only one nurse so she had to do each shot seperately. It was so terrible and I hated being a mom during that moment. It's always so sad when your child gets hurt and or has to go through some trauma like that--and it's not like they understand it when you say" it's ok, honey, this is for your own good." they just see that they are hurting and you are just sitting there holding them down and not helping or responding when they are screaming for you to make them stop. Sorry, this sounds so emotional, but this time was so hard for me and I'm still feeling like such a terrible mom! I've never cried before when she's had shots but I sure bawled this time. And I nursed her afterwards right there in the lobby and I don't care who saw or that she's about 13 months old--I enjoyed every moment! Here are a couple videos I got off the camera before it broke. They're a couple weeks old from March. One has Bailey throwing balloons over her head (she LOVES balloons so we keep some around the house for her to play with). The other is her with a musical card she got for her birthday. She still to this day plays with it and carries it around dancing to the music--it's really cute.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I want to cry every time my kids get shots! Its the saddest thing ever. I hate that they're always so happy right before and have no idea what's going on and I know that in a minute they're going to be screaming. It makes me feel so guilty!
I can't believe they only had one nurse and that she had to have them one at a time!!! That IS torture! For you AND Bailey! I hope she is better now:)
Oh Devery! So sorry for all the hard things right now! I cried the first time Senn had shots because I had never heard her cry like that before. It's so hard short-term vrs. long-term. Sennika always cried going to the Dr. up until December (18 months) and she just decided out of the blue to do whatever the Dr. asks. Gavin cried with his shots but we do them at Distric 7, so no association at all . :) He has never cried at the Dr. It's so funny how different their personalities can be. I always make Mark come with me to do shots, so he can hold them down and my job is to comfort them after it's over. Lucky for us, Senn is done with shots until kindergarten, but Gavin still has a lot left...sigh! :)
Wow, sounds like you got hit hard this past week. I hear ya with shots, it really is the worst thing ever and shame on them for not getting multiple nurses, the faster the better!! Yeah for a new phone, now you can't let Bailey play with your new one so it continues to work properly. LOL
The dancing video is super cute! Thanks for coming to the park today, it was a lot of fun!
You poor girls! That sounds awful! Isn't it just the worst watching your kids cry in pain? Nathan was once asked to hold Forrest's arm out firmly (he was about one) so they could draw some tubes of blood--I was so glad he was there because I would have passed out or started sobbing--so hard!
I love how she loves her singing card! So cute! She is such a cutie and so full of spunk and I just love it!
I must be horriable b/c for whatever reason i always seem to want to laugh, i feel so bad but a SMALL part of me just wants to giggle. Perhaps its b/c Sidney has yet to attach the doc's visit with shots, he loves to see our Pedi. Anyhow, Love ya
Post a Comment