Sunday, January 4, 2009

A wonderful, fun, eventful, long and exhausting BREAK!

WOW I feel so out of the loop since I haven't blogged in like a month! Lots has happenedduring the break. We had a great time with family, although towards the end you always get that "ok this is enough family togetherness" attitude and you want to go home to your own space;) We had a great Christmas with Bailey and she was so spoiled with more toys than needed, but you know how it is with being the only grandchild and neice on both sides. We had fun shopping, caroling, baking, sledding and so much more! New Year's was kinda a bummer this year. Our whole family got the flu the day before and so New Year's Eve I was exhausted from taking care of myself and poor Bailey (who ahd been throwing up and diarrhea for 2 days!) So I went to bed early and didn't eat any treats...Chris came in at midnight to give me a kiss and tah was about it! lol Bailey did lots of new things--she started clapping her hands...so whenever you tell her to clap her hands or you say "yay!" then she will and she plays patty cake!) She also got her first two bottom teeth both at once (it was a hard few days!) Thanks to all our family for the great time and for letting us stay there:)

Winter weather in Medford--time for the vest!



Bailey loved the dog and kept "visiting" her at the sliding door when she had to go out.



One of the best things about Christmas...baking treats!!!




Mall and shopping adventures!!


4 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, Bailey is not screaming her head off sitting in Santa's lap!!! She must be a brave little girl or did she cry after you got the picture? lol Thanks for your sweet comments and it sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. How fun for Bailey that you guys had a dog for her to play with, Sav would have loved that! I totally missed you and I'm so glad your home. Be warned, everyone in our ward has been puking and has had the runs, so stay away! I would hate it if you got the flu again...
Can't wait to get together with ya..

Katy said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad that you had so much fun! A blogging tip if you are interested. This is how you can remove the border around the top of your blog with your family picture. If you aren't interested, I'm not offended...but I'm glad my friend told me. :)
1. So open up your blog, and in the top right-hand corner, click on "Customize"
2. Then click on "Edit HTML" (between "fonts and colors" and "pick new template")
3. Press "Ctrl F." A little box will pop up. Type in "header-wrapper."
4. You'll see a list including width, margin, and border. Next to "border," change the number so it says "0px."
5. Then go down two paragraphs below that and you'll see "header." Again, you'll see a list including margin, border, text-align, and color. Next to "border," again change the px so it says "0px."
6. Click "preview," and if it looks okay, then click "save template."

Stacy said...

I love your family picture at the top of your blog!! It is so great!

I am glad that you guys had a great time over the holidays-- minus the sickness. I think just about everyone had that!. We had it around New Years too.

Welcome back!

Whitney Family said...

Hey Babe! It was great to have all of you! The pictures make me miss you (Bailey) already! Give her a neck kiss from me!
Mom W