Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break--"Cunningham Style"

So this year for spring break we wanted to just kind of hang out and relax and do things in the area. We did this for two reasons. One--we didnt have a lot of money to go anywhere cool anyways, and two--we visit our fam in Oregon a lot and just saw everyone when they came for Bailey's b-day a couple weeks ago. So we stayed here and actually had a lot of fun getting to do things around Davis.:) Here are the pictures!!!

We went to the Jelly Belly factory in fairfield one day...




Yeah we're kinda immature...



My family spent most of their spring break in San Fran and they got us a hotel room for one night so we were able to drive up and spend two days and a night with them having fun in the city! We got city passes and were able to ride on the trolleys and go to the Exploritorium, wharf, Ghiradelli Square, the Aquarium, and we also took a ferry out to Alcatraz and got to tour it! It was so much fun--thanks mom and dad for letting us tag along!!


Funny story...Chris woke up during the middle of the night with a horrible headache that would not go away. It was just killing him, so I got up and went down to the hotel lobby to ask for some tylenol. Well of course they can't give you any cause it's against the law so he pointed me in the direction of a 7-11 a few blocks away. So at 3:00 in the morning I set off down the street (in San Francisco) in my pj's and BARE feet to go get him some tylenol(Chris didn't know this...I just left). I was either way stupid or still half asleep (I think it was the latter). If anyone was thinking of kidnapping me they probably thought twice about it because I probably looked schizofrenic (sp?) or mental walking along with my disarrayed sleep hair, in pj's with no shoes and muttering to myself about how tired I was...but anyways, Chris was very appreciative, but a little mad too:)

We got to spend a lot of time relaxing, swimming, and enjoying the outdoors here in quiet Davis. The weather has been awesome! (in the lower to upper 70's!)



2 comments:

katie said...

How fun!! I love San Francisco but I would never step a foot out there at night! You are BRAVE, girl!

Jo Lynn said...

What are you thinking??? Walking around in SF by yourself at three am, that's when all the drunks get out of the bars...obviously Heavenly Father was watching out!!! Shame on Chris for allowing you to do that! I was laughing at the thought of you in your pj's barefoot though..:)
I love the pictures and especially Bailey on the horse, super cute!!! I'm glad you had a great spring break and that you got to see your family!